Saturday, July 19, 2008

Bangledorking

Hello! Welcome to my page at www.irenelpynn.com!


I hope you've had a chance to check out "God Corp." on The Opinion Guy. Be sure to tell me what you think of it!


Another short story of mine is slated for publication in a few months. I'll let you know more details as the date comes closer.

For now, I'm working on some other stories and editing up my novel from 2007's NaNoWriMo. If you like a good writing challenge with a fun community, you should plan to spend this November with NaNo! I know I'm going to.


Words are so much fun. I've been told that English is such a wonderful mish-mash of cultures and languages that it has more words than nearly any other tongue. How cool is that? To explain any occasion, image, or feeling, we have several different options, each one with its own, special connotation and slightly different meaning. I can be happy, glad, elated, joyous, jubilant, content, or just plain excited that you've come to my site today. And there are many more words where that came from!


Of course, so many possibilities can lead to confusion sometimes, but what's life without a little challenge once in a while? :)


Shakespeare invented his own words, too, according to scholars, and many of those words have become normal vocabulary for us today. For instance, Zany. Where would we be without that word? :)


Here's a cool link to a list of words Shakespeare coined or created.


Ah, the Bard. My personal hero.


And in the spirit of Billy Shakespeare, I'm going to share a made up word with you. It's actually one that my fiancé made up, so I can't take credit for it myself.


Bangledork verb Bangledorked, bangledorking

Bangle
dork [bang-ul-dork]

-- Verb
1. Sometimes followe
d by "around." To relax lazily: All I did yesterday was bangledork around the house.
2. To waste time
doing nothing, or to nap in the middle of the day: My plans don't include anything but bangledorking.


As with all words, this one has room to grow and change. Someday it may even become an adjective, as well(I love these bangledorky Saturdays, don't you?). Feel free to use it yourself! Or -- even better -- share a made up word with me so I can expand my vocabulary!


I hope you enjoy bangledorking and all the fun it can bring you today. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: